April is the perfect time to have a spring interior refresh and what better reason than Easter to style up your home decor!
I have a box of Easter decorations that I bring out every year, like Christmas my decorations have a mix of sentimental, homemade, shop-bought, humour, and of course colour. Here are 5 Easter decorating tips to inspire you in.
1. Natural Foliage
If possible bring some natural foliage into your decorations, everything is growing, tulips, daffodils and blossom. Floral displays are easy to place Easter decorations around.
2. Creating an Easter display is a lovely way to tell a story.
Think about size, proportions and colour groups. The mix of humour and sentiment gives the display depth and I enjoy remembering the person that made the decoration and when I received it or if I made it with them.
3. Easter table display
With spring firmly in the air, have fun with your Easter table, play with mixing colour, get some Flowers on the table, sneak some little chocolate easter eggs into bowls and get you best crockery out.
4. Easter treats
A luxurious Easter treat is homemade lemon curd, my mum's recipe is amazing, tangy and smooth, like silk. Homemade lemon curd is excellent as a filling for cakes and pastry flans as well as on toasted, hot cross buns and bread. Don't forget to style up your lemon curd by placing in a pretty bowl with a delicate spoon on the table, it's all in the detail.
3 unwaxed lemons
1 ½ cups sugar
115g/4oz softened butter
4 large eggs
1 cup lemon juice
1. Wash and peel the lemons and place the peel into the food processor with the sugar, blitz until the lemons are pulverised.
2. Squeeze the juice of the lemons, there should be a cup full of liquid and add to the mix.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and pour into the food processor, blitz adding the eggs one at a time while the machine is running.
4. Pour the mixture into a double saucepan or glass bowl over a simmering pan of water and whisk until thickened and glossy.
Place in jars or a bowl cover in the fridge until required.
5. Have fun and get creative
Let your kids help you and enjoy creating an Easter display. Think about spring and how everything is growing, lambs are being born and birds are singing, at last winter is over!
Happy Easter to you all!