Today's blog post is provided by our friend Esther from Tea Huggers
Woo hoo! I’m off to Camp Bestival next week and I can’t wait. It’s been on my bucket list for a couple of years, so I was absolutely thrilled to win some family tickets at a Trouble Lounge event in Bath. If you haven’t heard of Camp Bestival before, it’s a festival specifically designed for families with an awesome line up for adults (and little ones to!) Every year, my Instagram feed is filled with colourful pictures of everyone covered in sequins and glitter, having a blast and I can’t wait to join in.
I’ve been to quite a few festivals (pre-kids), but this will be my first festival as a family and I’m excited about the new experiences we’ll all share. With just over 10 days to go, I’m in full-on planning mode and have researched the perfect packing list to make our family festival debut a success. Beyond camping equipment, entertainment supplies, and food, here are my top essentials.
The Essentials: (AKA the must pack!)
- Eco Glitter - A festival without glitter would be rather dull and it also detracts from bags under your eyes! I love Eco Stardust which is biodegradable.
- Glow sticks - for two reasons: they are fun, and it will help light up your children in the evening.
- Ear defenders - in case the music gets too loud.
- A hip flask or thermos for your tipple of choice. I’ll be putting gin and tonics and frozen cocktails in my thermos!
- Colourful jewelry - to brighten up any outfit. (see the Lola Swift festival jewellery, which is 20% off until midnight on Friday the 27th. Use discount code FESTIVAL20)
- An awesome outfit for Saturday night. This year’s theme is Sets Sail so myself and my girls are going as mermaids.
- Raincoats but here’s hoping this beautiful weather continues.
- A small umbrella
- Toilet paper – keep it in a plastic bag
- Wipes – for literally everything.
- Hand sanitiser
- Leggings for little legs. Lots of little layers are good.
- Reusable water bottles - I’m hoping this year there will be a conscious effort to reduce the amount of plastic we use.
- Earplugs - you never know who your neighbours will be.
- And of course, my Tea Huggers Hangover Help tea!
I hope you found my list useful! If you are going have a fab time and hopefully see you there,